The girls had a sleepover with friends. That left the boys and me for the day. I made some cheese omolets for my husband and boys for breakfast. Mom had brought me some garlic and chive flavored cheese that was made at Welsh Mountain Farm. It has a great flavor and added a delicious zest to the omelets! Yummo!
While cooking, I asked Zach to get me a Kleenex.
He brought me this and said, "You want a clean X?"
I said nothing. Then he said, "Oh, you want a tissue. Well, your body is full of tissues. I learned it in science last year." He made me smile.
Then Merv headed to work to paint for a few hours.
I busied myself in the kitchen. I guess you'd say I had a huge inspiration to bake. I baked some more pies: snitz, blueberry, and cherry. I've been doing a lot of this lately. Next I made some chocolate chip blond brownies and put them in the freezer.
While doing that, I noticed we were out of granola. So I made that and added something different: flax seeds and sesame seeds.
Then I remembered we were out of bread so I whipped up a batch adding 2 cups oatmeal, 2 T. millet, and 1/2 - 1 cup flax seed just to try something different. It turned out surprisingly moist with all the grains. The children aren't too sure about it.
As all housekeepers know, there's always lots of laundry.
All of them were from this Restaurant.
The catch was you had to order drinks, an appetizer, and 15% gratuity was on everything. Plus you had to wait 30 days between each certificate. And one party could not use two. Even so, it was a great deal!
Merv had a Pepsi and I opted for sweet tea.
The peanuts were a nice side.
The chipped beef with onion quesadillas were fabulous along with the bread and butter behind that.
We thoroughly enjoyed our time together.
Merv had a whole rib, smoky barbecue beans, and steak fries for his main dish.
I had cajun catfish, coleslaw, and smoky beans.
We were so stuffed, we brought half of it home! That was a great meal for $19.50.
1 comment:
Glad you finally got your turn in!!! the food looks WONDERFUL!!!!
Post a Comment