We listened to a couple sermons by Paul Washer.
Oh, if only more American churches would preach the truth of the Bible! Too many pastors give their members a false hope of salvation. Just saying the sinner's prayer isn't enough to be saved.
If you have had an encounter with God, YOU WILL BE PERMANENTLY CHANGED! You can't live like the devil during the week, and try to live like a Christian on Sunday and call yourself a Christian. You are a goat wearing sheep's clothing.
The Bible says, "Ye shall know them by their fruits." Matthew 7:16
"Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them." Matthew 7:20
Verse 21 says, "Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
65-70% of people in America claim to be Christians. But where is the fruit?
I don't want anyone going to hell, but the Bible says 'many are called, few are chosen'. Examine your life by the Word of God. "Try the spirits whether they are of God." 1 John 4:1
"The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it? I the Lord search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings." Jeremiah 17: 9, 10
We live in perilous times. It's not easy being a Christian in America. There is so much materialism and media to keep us entertained. I am guilty.
It is a challenge to spend quality time with God and His Word and remain in prayer. My heart desires this, but I get sidetracked. I am ashamed before the Lord. I am sinful!
Check the fruit of your life. Are you growing in Christ? Or do the things of this world - fashion, music, media, shopping, etc. - things that don't satisfy keep your attention and draw you away from the Lord? You can't trust your heart, it's deceitfully wicked. Examine your life by the Word of God.
No comments:
Post a Comment