8.19.2010

Rain rain rain

It's one of those perfect lazy days! We had lots, I mean l.o.t.s. of rain today. It reminded me of an autumn or winter day more than a summer day. But we needed the rain, and it sure was a blessing. I was busy trying to get my ever cluttered desk cleaned up. That is my number 1 cluttered spot, and I try so hard to keep it cleared but I fail miserably. At least the bills are paid.

If you're going to choose when not to feel well like Zach was today, why not be sick on a rainy day? Of course, no one ever wants to be sick. He had a fever all day. A couple doses of Tylenol gave him only some relief. 

We've been busy trying to get all our laundry cleared away from our 5-day camping trip with my family. We had such a precious time together. And to God be the glory, the other campers had fun watching the children play. They children played so nice with very few spats. Our conduct should always be pleasing to the Lord, but we so often fail.

Thank the Lord, the campers saw love in our family and told us they wish that many more families would be able to get together in harmony and unity like they witnessed. The Lord is the author of love, and by giving our life to Him, we can love everybody and show that by how we live even when camping.

It rained every day, but not all day. We had an adventurous time, and the rain did not in the least bit dampen our spirits. We had a wonderful setup and had a great time.

We got back Tuesday and we just caught up with our enormous laundry pile. The dryer was going nonstop as we had more rainy weather since we got back. I know a lot of people have dryers, but hate to use them. My question is if you're not going to use it, why have it? ☺ I love to hang my laundry outside, but some days it simply isn't feasible. 95% went to my handy maid!

Amber was in the mood to try different things in the kitchen. She prepared a new baked oatmeal recipe. After tasting it, we still prefer our old faithful recipe. Then she made some grape nuts. You know, I've never made them because I wasn't sure what to grind them with. She found a way by hand, even though it took longer and she got a lot of big chunks. I rather like it that way. And they taste wonderful!

No comments: